Orano USA is the U.S. subsidiary of Orano, a global nuclear fuel cycle company.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Orano USA is a leading technology and services provider for decommissioning shutdown nuclear energy facilities, used fuel management, federal site cleanup and closure, and the sale of uranium, conversion, and enrichment services to the U.S. commercial and federal markets. Prior to a global rebranding in January 2018, Orano USA was AREVA Nuclear Materials.
Orano USA includes five business lines:
- D&D (Decommissioning & Dismantling), based in Washington, D.C., applies global D&D expertise to the U.S. market, including the planned dismantling of the Vermont Yankee reactor vessel during decommissioning.
- Federal Services, based in North Carolina, provides nuclear fuel cycle technologies and environmental management services to the U.S. federal government.
- Mining, Conversion, Enrichment (MCE) Sales, based in Washington, D.C., is a competitive provider of long-term uranium contracts for U.S. utility customers.
- Orano Med, (formerly AREVA Med) based in Texas, is developing cancer-fighting isotopes for radioimmunotherapy, with research progressing for the next phase of FDA approval.
- TN Americas, based in Maryland, is a global provider of storage, transportation and field services for used nuclear fuel and radioactive waste, with its NUHOMS used nuclear fuel storage system securely operating at more than 30 U.S. sites.
Global Orano gives nuclear energy all its value through a complete offering of products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle.
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high-performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquartered in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.